What happens if you take distant Aquarius and pair it with a needy Cancer? Well, with air and water, you get chaos. Is it just a hurricane waiting to destroy or do they secretly make a good love match? Let’s understand their personalities first and see if true love is in the cards…
Aquarius and Cancer Compatibility
The Aquarius Zodiac
- Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the only planet that spins on its side. This zodiac sign matches that energy in that it’s very individualistic and original in their ways.
- The Aquarius symbol is a water bearer (2 ocean waves), which represents the flow of energy, thinking, and creativity.
- As a fixed sign, Aquarians are intelligent, persistent, leaders.
- As an air sign, an Aquarius is a breath of fresh air and has an admirable free spirit.
- Aquarius personality traits:
- Independent, but hates being alone for long periods of time
- Intelligent and progressive
- Although they are a fixed sign, it’s easy for them to adapt to their environments
- They don’t care about what people think of them!
- An Aquarius will avoid talking about their emotions, and that makes them come across as aloof and elusive.
- Aquarius man personality
- Social but independent
- Good at communicating
- Appears aloof at times because his mind is always occupied with new ideas
- If you want to be in a relationship with him, be his friend first.
- Aquarius woman personality
- Practical and intelligent
- Get her attention by standing out from the crowd — she’ll appreciate your individuality.
- If you get too clingy, she might run away!
Aquarius need their space. They don’t want to be with their partner twenty-four hours per day. They don’t want to spend the whole evening answering texts from their partner, either. Even when they love someone, they don’t want to feel suffocated. They want to maintain their freedom. They cannot handle clingy partners who demand too much for them. However, they dislike being alone for long periods of time, so they are never going to be too distant, either.
Aquarius are free-spirited and independent. They aren’t big planners and don’t handle it well when others give them orders about how they should live their lives. They would rather go with the flow and see where the future takes them. They want a partner who is spontaneous and up for anything, someone who doesn’t take life too seriously. However, since they are dreamers, they also need a partner who is going to encourage them to pursue their goals. They refuse to date anyone who is going to hold them back.
The Cancer Zodiac
- Cancer is ruled by the moon, the planet of intuition and emotions.
- The Cancer symbol is a crab, but the constellation could depict it as the breast of a woman, representing the goddess Hera from Greek mythology and the nurturing nature of woman.
- As a water sign, they are very much in tune with their intuition and their emotions no matter how deep.
- As a cardinal sign, they tend to be very sensitive creatures who lead with their hearts impulsively.
- Personality traits of a Cancer person:
- Emotional, sympathetic
- Loyal, overprotective, and nurturing
- Prone to mood swings
- Finds peace through creative outlets
- Cancer man personality:
- Moody, sensitive
- Won’t hide his feelings from his loved one
- The Cancer man wants to feel needed and wants to share his life with someone
- Cancer woman personality:
- Vulnerable, open
- Fierce loyalty
- Romantic and ready for love and intimacy; the Cancer woman won’t play the field
Cancers are one of the most generous, nurturing signs. When they care about someone, they will go out of their way to make that person comfortable. They will answer phone calls in the middle of the night. They will run errands. They will make sacrifices. They will not be able to rest until they know that their loved ones are okay. When Cancers are in a relationship, they care much more about their partner’s happiness than they care about their own happiness. They tend to neglect themselves because they are so busy worrying about others.
Cancers are huge romantics and aren’t afraid to admit it. They cannot imagine playing the field because their heart only has room for one person at a time. They are codependent, committed, and loyal. Hurting their partner would hurt them. They wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt of betraying someone. Besides, once they grow attached to a partner, they don’t want to let that person go. They couldn’t picture life without their true love.
Aquarius and Cancer: Friendship Compatibility
- Although both signs like social settings, after some time, a Cancer will want to retreat back home (like a crab going back into its shell) while an Aquarian will want to stay out and keep going.
- They’re both the kind of people who want things to go their way. Cancer will turn to manipulation, while Aquarius will use their intelligence and independence to make changes that suit them and only them.
- This can only be a strong friendship if they come together and work at their conflicts and differences and use it to both of their benefits.
Although Aquarius enjoy their alone time, they are social creatures. They don’t like being cooped up in the house for too long. They would rather go out and have fun. They are typically the last person to leave a party. Meanwhile, a Cancer is the first person to sneak out the back when they get overwhelmed by all the social interaction. These two signs live incredibly different lifestyles. An Aquarius wants to go out and see the world while Cancers feel the most comfortable when they’re inside of their own homes.
Despite their differences, these two signs have the potential to get along well – as long as they don’t let their selfish side get the best of them. Although neither of these signs are fans of confrontation, they will try to take control in subtle ways. Cancers will use their emotions to get an edge up on their friends, and will commonly cry or guilt trip in order to get their way. Meanwhile, an Aquarius will straight up leave a situation if it doesn’t suit them, and they won’t look back.
Aquarius and Cancer: Sex and Love Compatibility
They say opposites attract and these two zodiac signs might be able to find a balance if they work at it and learn from one another.
- Sex will be stressful for both of them because a Cancer will want to set some boundaries and an Aquarius won’t be able to make those changes. For example, a Cancer might stick to an old-fashioned sexual routine because it’s comfortable, but an Aquarius wants to explore and find change because that excites them.
- Cancer will show Aquarius how to open their heart and Aquarius will teach Cancer how to detach themselves emotionally when necessary.
- A relationship between this water sign and this air sign can really only work if there are other zodiac signs in their chart that make it easy for them to find common ground.
- There’s a jarring difference between their outlook on the relationship: a Cancer partner will always be the “how does this feel” kind, while an Aquarius partner will be the “what else is out there” kind of partner.
Cancers prefer vanilla sex. They don’t want to add any elaborate, kinky toys into the mix or try new positions. They prefer to stick to the routine they already know and love without including much variety. While this type of lovemaking is satisfying for them, it will bore an Aquarius. They will yearn to try new things. They won’t want every single night to be a repeat of the last. They are going to grow restless with a Cancer, and it won’t be long until they decide the relationship isn’t fulfilling them sexually.
These two signs don’t mesh well outside of the bedroom, either. Cancers are just as traditional when it comes to dating, and will want to go out on old fashioned dates. Meanwhile, Aquarius will want to explore the world. They won’t be content with dinner and a movie. Those mundane activities will make their mind wander. The only way these two signs will work in a relationship is if they use their differences to teach each other and challenge each other. Otherwise, they will clash.
Aquarius and Cancer Compatibility with a Cancer or Aquarius
Cancer woman + Aquarius man?
- A woman in Cancer needs to feel protected, while a man in Aquarius craves freedom. In order for this to work, she will need to give him space to explore and he will have to reassure her and come home.
Cancer man + Aquarius woman?
- A man in Cancer is a big softy who likes his man cave, while a woman in Aquarius is independent, unattainable, and will need a lot of breathing room. For this to work, they need to understand and respect their differences and find common ground if possible.
Cancer compatibility with a Cancer?
- Whether it’s a woman and a man, or a woman and a woman, or a man and a man, a relationship between two Cancer signs will be quite strong.
- Although they’re both great at communicating their emotions and feelings, they might find that it’s a bit overwhelming sometimes.
- Sex might fall into routines because it makes them feel comforted.
- They share the same values in life and trust each other overall.
Aquarius compatibility with an Aquarius?
- Whether it’s a woman and a man, or a woman and a woman, or a man and a man, a relationship between two Aquarians will be pretty compatible.
- Sex is exciting because they both like to explore and try new things.
- Although they have shared values and trust one another, they’ll reach a large obstacle trying to bond emotionally.
- If they’re both looking for a fling, this is perfect!
Couples with matching zodiac signs tend to get along with each other well. For instance, two Cancers will be able to communicate with each other well. They won’t keep any secrets. They won’t let any of their resentments fester. They will be honest about how they are feeling when it comes to their sex life, their love life, and their relationship as a whole. This transparency will keep them in tune with each other. They will always know what the other person is thinking, so there won’t be any misunderstandings.
Likewise, two Aquarius will work together well – especially if they’re only looking for a casual relationship. They will have a great time in the bedroom because they will both be willing to try new things. They won’t want to repeat the same performances whenever they hook up. They will be adventurous, spontaneous, and unpredictable. They will never know what they’re going to get with each other. Most importantly, they will trust each other with their bodies and their secrets.
Zodiac Compatibility with an Aquarius or a Cancer
- If you’re an Aquarius (moon, rising, or sun sign), you’d be surprised to know that for you and love, opposites attract and you will get along best with a fire sign, like Aries. Aquarius and Aries both lack an emotional tenderness, but despite that, they are still able to find common ground, trust one another, and communicate with each other well.
- If you’re an Aquarius, understand that you’ll have a hard time connecting with water signs, like Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Along with Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio are very emotional and possessive and a free-spirited Aquarian won’t be able to deal with any of that.
- If you’re a Cancer sun, rising, or moon sign, you’ll find that a love relationship with an air sign, like Libra or Gemini, is going to be a hot mess. Cancers tend to be moody and inconsistent and Libras won’t like that kind of imbalance in a lover, and so they’ll stray away from the relationship. Geminis are hard to trust (it’s that two-faced energy) and Cancers can be quite manipulative, so getting these signs together sounds messy.
- If you’re a Cancer, you’ll find that a relationship with an earth sign, like Capricorn or Virgo will be good. A Capricorn-Cancer relationship is like a past-life kind of love, and with that, there’s a strong closeness and deep understanding. Virgos are practical and chill but tend to overanalyze things, while Cancers are very emotional. In a way, they complement each other in a way where they are able to connect with and learn from one another.
Aquarius work surprisingly well with their exact opposites. Although they are dreamers, they can be hesitant when it comes to following through on those dreams. They could use a fire sign as a partner who will push them to work hard and take risks. Fire signs are also highly independent, so they won’t act overly clingy and chase away an Aquarius. Above all, this sign needs someone they can trust and they will find that comfort with a fire sign.
Meanwhile, Cancers need a partner who is consistent and willing to make a serious commitment. They work well with earth signs because they will feel comfortable with each other. This is because earth signs won’t have a problem staying at home and can have a grand time without leaving the house. Plus, earth signs are dependable and loyal. There is a slim chance they are going to stray, and a Cancer needs that kind of assurance.